MAPSearch has completely rebuilt our previous North American Power GIS data set to bring you the most spatially accurate and up-to-date electrical power infrastructure database available.
Using the latest satellite and aerial sub meter imagery, MAPSearch’s next generation (Version 1.0) electric power database gives you precise locations with accurate attribute data on a scale never before possible. Combined with MAPSearch’s industry leading petroleum and natural gas GIS infrastructure data, this new electric power solution makes our energy data toolkit the most comprehensive and accurate anywhere.
Why Do I Need This?
- Use this information for planning, comparative analysis, project feasibility analysis and risk evaluation.
- Examine the geographic relationships among the various data components to identify new opportunities.
- Incorporate additional layers and proprietary information to increase analytical value.
- Create powerful visual presentations for project reporting.
Primary Package Includes:
- PLANTS (Power plants & Hydros): Plant information includes plant name, status, nameplate capacity, year installed, number of units, primary fuel, secondary fuel, primary mover, owner/operator, spatial accuracy metacode; dam information includes dam name, reservoir name, ownership, size code, max capacity, normal capacity, surface capacity, HUC, river name, year completed
- XMISSION (Transmission Lines): Thousands of miles of transmission lines in North America; includes voltage, voltage range, line type, status, owner/operator, spatial accuracy metacode, transmission lines (down to the 33kV level)
- SUBS (Substations): Thousands of substations; includes substation name, type, status, owner/operator name, spatial accuracy metacode
- REA (Rural Electric Areas): Polygons representing REA owner, including number of consumers
- IOU (Investor Owned Utilities): IOU polygons representing IOU operating companies, includes owner/operator, number of customers
- MUNI (Municipalities): Polygons representing municipalities, includes owner/operator, MWH sales, number of customers
- NERC (NERC Regions): Region name, industry abbreviation
For the complete electric power product sheet, click here.
For pricing and further questions, email email@example.com